ThinkSocial for Mastodon: Currently in beta
Instead of scrolling vertically through your timeline, ThinkSocial shows the full detail of each post, and you swipe right to left to go through the timeline. I think this small change encourages better engagement and more focus on each individual post.
The app is still missing critical features, such as posting and notifications. Because of that, I am limiting the number of beta testers. As the app gets more complete I will continue to increase the number of spots available so make sure to follow me for updates.
I’m a single developer with a separate fulltime job and a family, so work on ThinkSocial is may be slower than we all want. That being said, my goal is to have a basic version available in the App Store by this Summer.
Here’s a rough picture of priorities leading up to that release.
- Media excellence
- Fullscreen image viewing
- Custom emoji
- Media preloading
- Alternate timelines
- Federated and local timelines
- Profile pages
- Handle mastodon links within the app
- Open links in the app with settings to customize
- Detail screens for things like bookmarks and who boosted a post
- Posting and replying ⬅️ You are here
- Push notifications
- I’m hoping to impliment some advanced filtering, especially across accounts, but this may get cut for 1.0.
- Ability to create an account from the app
- Moderation tools
- The ability to mute and block